Sunday, March 8, 2009

Attaining Greatness

I have had endless love affairs with music. Some songs are quick flings, even one night stands. Others I find newness in months, years, even decades after our first encounter. So this got me thinking: what makes a song not just good, but great?

I think that a song is only as good as where it takes you. That's what makes music so personal...so unique to each and every individual. With any relationship, sometimes there is chemistry and sometimes things fall flat. With a song, it either speaks to you or it doesn't; makes you think a different way or feel a different way, or leaves you hollow and disappointed.

I listened to a song today and it gave me goose bumps. It literally made me tingly all over. It was wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment